NDG Linux Essentials Course Overview
The Linux Essentials course, developed and supported by Networking Academy partner NDG, teaches students the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and command line, and basic open source concepts.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how Linux is used and the basics of the command line.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
Students utilize a web browser to access the Linux Essentials content modules, lab exercises and virtual machines via Cisco NetAcad.com. Each learner has hands-on access to a Linux virtual machine to practice, explore, and test Linux command-line concepts.
Total Course Duration: 70 Hrs.
Tuition Fee: Rs. 15,000/-
1. Introduction to Linux
- Linux Evolution and Popular Operating Systems
- Choosing an Operating System
2. Open Source Applications and Licenses
- Major Open Source Applications
- Understanding Open Source Software and Licensing
3. Using Linux
- ICT Skills and Working in Linux
4. Command Line Skills
- Command Line Basics
5. Getting Help
- Using the Command Line to Get Help
6. Working with Files and Directories
- Using Directories and Listing Files
- Creating, Moving and Deleting Files
7. Archiving and Compression
- Archiving Files on the Command Line
8. Pipes, Redirection, and REGEX
- Searching and Extracting Data from Files
9. Basic Scripting
- Turning Commands into a Script
- Understanding Computer Hardware
12. Network Configuration
- Your Computer on the Network
13.System and User Security
- Basic Security and Identifying User Types
14.Managing Users and Groups
- Creating Users and Groups
15.Ownership and Permissions
- Managing File Permissions and Ownership
16.Special Permissions, Links and File Locations
- Special Directories and Files