The Department of Immigration issues student visas to foreign students pursuing academic /non academic degree and research in Nepal, upon the recommendation of line agency (Ministry of Education). Visas are also issued for teachers/professors who are involved as an academician (teaching) in Nepal, upon the recommendations from the concerned agencies of Nepal government.
The necessary documents to apply for a visa are as follows:
- Recommendation letter from Ministry of Education
- University /College Admission Receipt (original)
- Bank Statement (latest one week) with sufficient funds.
- Online Application form ( Link to Online Study Visa Application)
- Copies of passport and latest Nepali Visa
- Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate ( for those applying their spouse and children as dependents)
- Progress report Card (for renewal of Student Visa)
Study Visa Fee Structure
Single Re-entry facility : 20 USD extra in addition to monthly Visa Fee
Multiple Re-entry facility : 60 USD extra in addition to monthly Visa Fee
|S.No||Study Category /Nationality of Passport holder||Rate (USD)/per month|
|7||Pakistan and Srilanka||Gratis|