Coventry University is a dynamic, global and transformational ‘Modern University’ whose roots can be traced back to 1843 to the Coventry School of Design. With a proud tradition as a provider of innovative teaching and learning and a focus on impactful research, the university has established a robust reputation for pushing the boundaries of higher education regionally, nationally and across the world.
In recent years Coventry’s student satisfaction levels and teaching quality have been rated amongst the best in the UK, which in turn has led to impressive rises in every major university league table. The combination of these successes and its unique approach to new developments earned Coventry a Gold rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017, and saw it labelled “one of the most innovative modern universities in the UK, bold with its vision of what the 21st century student experience should be…” by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
It was ranked as the country’s top modern university in the Guardian University Guide 2019 for the seventh year running – and was in 13th place overall in the table.
The university was named ‘Modern University of the Year’ by the Times and Sunday Times for three years running from 2014 to 2016. Coventry also places in the top 200 in the THE Young University Rankings 2017.
The university is recognised internationally for its expertise in health, peace building and disaster management, and for the world-leading calibre of its engineering and design graduates – particularly in the automotive field. It was awarded the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2015 in recognition of its international growth and success over the past six years.
Awards and accreditations:
- Ranked No.13 UK university – The Guardian University Guide 2019
- Gold level, for outstanding teaching excellence – Times Higher Education Teaching Excellence Framework Metrics Ranking 2017
- University of the Year for student experience – The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- Highest ranking modern university for 7 years running – The Guardian University Guide 2013-2019
- Queen’s award for enterprise – International Trade 2015
- 97% of graduates employed or in further study six months after graduation – DLHE Undergraduate Survey 2016/17 (published 2018)
- 4 QS stars rated for overall excellence – QS University Rankings 2019
- Top 3 in Europe – and top in UK – for quality of student engagement – Times Higher Education Magazine Europe Teaching Rankings 2018